Automotive Project Manager
Audiokinetic is looking for an experienced Project Manager to manage automotive projects and the automotive software development team. Using proven methodologies, the project manager is expected to conduct project planning, manage customer relations, help establish processes, monitor execution. The project manager should ensure proper visibility to the organization on deviations or changes to goals or budgets.
Here is an overview of the role and responsibilities:
- Coordinate efforts in Montreal and abroad for the flawless execution of projects
- Manage and help grow the software development team
- Develop project plan, from requirements analysis to delivery, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Establish processes in order to meet standardization and certification audit criteria
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- GREAT UNDERSTANDING OF PROJECT CYCLE IN THE AUTOMOTIVE INDUSTRY
- Proven working experience as a project manager or project engineer in the automotive industry
- Experience with full project cycle (RFI/RFQ, ESOW, producing compliance matrix, start of production, etc)
- In-depth knowledge of a project management tool such as Jira
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Knowledge of safety and compliance standards (functional safety (ISO 26262), SPICE, CMMI)
- Lean or PMP training is key
- Educational background in computer or electrical engineering
- Solid technical background, with understanding of embedded software development context
- RESULTS ORIENTED - possess passion, energy, and enthusiasm to drive results.
- SELF-STARTER who is able to identify and solve problems; a start-up mentality.
- CHANGE MANAGEMENT – excellent skills in change management, i.e., comfortable with ambiguity and constant change, yet able to set priorities and execute on commitments.
- FLEXIBLE & AGILE - ability to adapt quickly and be effective in new situations and highly dynamic environment.
- RELATIONSHIP BUILDER - able to effectively and quickly build relationships and establish trust, respect, competence and confidence.
- proven experience managing a software development team
- PRESENTATIONS SKILLS - ability to prepare/present robust product plan / analysis / recommendations to leadership team.
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English; French or German an asset.
- AUDIO (BONUS) - a passion for audio, and its world, demonstrated by experience in the industry.
Please visit our careers page for details.