Audiokinetic is looking for an experienced technical writer who can work collaboratively in a dynamic environment at its Old Montreal office. The ideal candidate is driven, meticulous, inquisitive, and autonomous.
The selected candidate will learn how to use Wwise within effective and realistic use cases. They will work closely with various stakeholders from Production, Marketing and Sales to create, edit, and proofread various forms of documentation.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Write user documentation aimed primarily at sound designers and programmers
- Update and improve existing documentation
- Maintain and enforce internal style guide
- Review material written by engineers
- Contribute to larger efforts by Marketing and User Education with editing, proofreading, and ideas
- Contribute to attaining key milestones in the release plan (patch releases, major releases, certification releases, blog releases)
- Participate in peer reviews
- Help improve processes (how we work with engineers and translation) and tools (identify problems)
- Help improve the quality of material produced by other parties (establish guidelines, training, etc.)
The ideal candidate would have:
- Bachelor's degree in English, Communications, or equivalent
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English
- At least 3 years of experience as a technical writer
- Experience using and adhering to style guides
- Familiarity with programming and software development lifecycle
- Ability to quickly learn and explain clearly, complex concepts and software products
- Active listening, interviewing, and note-taking skills
- Expertise in Markup, Markdown and XML
- Experience working with style guides (or manual of style) such as CMS or MSTP
- Knowledge of documentation tools such as DocBook and Doxygen
- Basic experience with source control systems such as Git, SVN or Perforce
- Ability to manage priorities efficiently
- Exceptional thoroughness and attention to detail
- Interest in audio and gaming
These additional skills would be considered an asset:
- Aptitude for adapting to new technologies
- Ability to deliver content in different forms to accommodate different learning styles
- Experience with Confluence, JIRA
- Familiarity with Localization and CAT tools
- Experience coordinating projects or a team
A TEAM-ORIENTED AND PASSIONATE CULTURE
We create innovative audio technology for the gaming and interactive media industries. At Audiokinetic, we believe that our team is the foundation of our success. We are committed to providing a dynamic work environment that fosters creativity and innovation, and a work-life balance that encourages professional and personal growth. The Audiokinetic environment is inclusive, and ensures that everyone can do their best work, and our values are built on professionalism, integrity and collaboration. Audiokinetic is headquartered in Montréal, QC, Canada and has a subsidiary in Tokyo, Japan, and Product Experts in China and Europe.
- We invest in the growth and development of our team, and provide career advancement opportunities.
- We encourage work-life balance, providing our team with the autonomy to choose when and where they want to work.
- We enjoy team building and social activities, including happy hours. We get competitive in the game room, and like to take power naps in our chillroom.
Audiokinetic’s headquarters are located in Old Montreal. This historic and prestigious city center is home to several software development and multimedia companies. Some 35,000 people work in Old Montreal, where they enjoy the perfect blend of the city's rich history and vibrant culture.
Montreal has emerged as an international hub for the development of interactive products and game development tools. With a concentration of high tech giants in the city, Montreal has secured its position as a global center for interactive media development. Audiokinetic continues to thrive in this city that offers the unique combination of unlimited technological potential and creative talent.
Audiokinetic's office space reflects the company’s culture and values. It is designed to stimulate the free exchange of ideas, encourage collaboration, and nurture creativity and innovation. Our workspace is bright and spacious with several rooms for group meetings, including a game room, and a nap room. We have an open bar including a beer tap in our cafeteria, as well as complimentary fresh fruit, a variety of teas, and great coffee!