Development Manager & Scrum Master
We are looking for an experienced Development Manager & Scrum Master to manage the Wwise Core development team and to lead cross-team software development projects such as expanding the Audiokinetic Certification Program and building an Audiokinetic Online Sharing Site and Store. Using Agile or Lean methodologies, the manager is expected to work closely with the Technical Lead. The manager will conduct planning, act as the scrum master for the team and occasional project(s), monitor execution, help unblock developers. The project should ensure proper visibility to the organization on deviations or changes to goals or budgets.
Here is an overview of the role and responsibilities:
- Regular backlog grooming, sprint planning and retrospectives with the development team
- Manage a team of software developers and customer support team (establish OKRs and metrics, people management)
- Coordinate internal resources and external contractors for the flawless execution of special projects
- Ensure that software releases and projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- AGILE PROJECT MANAGEMENT
- In-depth knowledge of agile project management tool such as JIRA
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Agile or Lean training is essential
- GREAT UNDERSTANDING OF SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT CYCLE
- Solid technical background, with hands-on experience in C++ software development
- Educational background in computer science, computer or electrical engineering
- Proven working experience as a scrum master or project manager in a software development company
- FLEXIBLE & AGILE - ability to adapt quickly and be effective in new situations and highly dynamic environment.
- RELATIONSHIP BUILDER
- able to effectively and quickly build relationships and establish trust, respect, competence and confidence.
- proven experience managing a software development team
- RESULTS ORIENTED - possess passion, energy, and enthusiasm to drive results.
- CHANGE MANAGEMENT – excellent skills in change management, i.e., comfortable with ambiguity and constant change, yet able to set priorities and execute on commitments.
- SELF-STARTER - who is able to identify and solve problems; a start-up mentality.
- PRESENTATION, COMMUNICATION SKILLS
- Ability to prepare/present robust product plan / analysis / recommendations to leadership team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and French
- CINEMATICS OR AUDIO (BONUS) - a passion for audio, and its world, demonstrated by experience in the industry.
Become a part of an amazing team that creates innovative audio technology for the interactive media and gaming industries!
You’ll work on technology used by thousands of incredibly diverse developers. From the biggest AAA games to the smallest Indies; from VR projects to mobile titles; and from all corners of the world. We're proud to be able to say, our clients love us!
If you want to develop your own indie titles on the side, we'll encourage that, and you’ll (obviously) be able to use Wwise for free!
We're located in the historic Old Montreal, and are close to the subway as well as some great restaurants! Our offices are bright and feature an open work space with plenty of windows looking over the old port. We hold monthly Town Halls with microbrewery beer and wine, and our cafeteria features a top of the line espresso machine for coffee lovers as well as complimentary soft-drinks, juices and fruits.
Audiokinetic offers full benefits such as medical, dental and vision care, as well as life and disability insurance. We encourage a good work/life balance and we do not have the sadly-now-standard ‘crunch times’ in our development schedules. Rarely do we see anyone here in the late evening, and when we do, it’s almost always at their discretion.
We are looking for the best, who share our passion, enthusiasm and integrity. Diversity and inclusion is not only part of our DNA, it is what drives our success. Apply now!
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!